Now that winter is here, it’s time to stock up on warm and fashionable attire for that canine member of the family. There are some great new fashion trends perfect for cold weather. Here are some ideas of what’s trendy right now in dog clothes and accessories:
- Denim works well for transitioning from fall into winter. It’s versatile with different types of fabrics and great for almost any occasion. Some of the more popular denim articles include embroidered jackets, dresses and skirts with frilly lace, and dungarees with t-shirts.
- Fleece lined jackets trimmed with fur
- Must have colors in your dog’s wardrobe include earthy brown and orange tones, purples, blush pink and olive green. Teal is popular right now as well.
- Look for jackets trimmed with faux fur, faux suede and feathers
- For year-end parties many canine fashion designers predict that soft romantic looks in velvet and satin accented with lace and faux fur will be all the rage.
- For outdoor wear, consider a trench coat made of corduroy, tweed or mohair
- Hoodies are also very popular this winter and available in multiple styles and colors
- Don’t forget the bling! When it comes to jewelry collar tags and charms will be a hot item, as will silver bones on leather collars with matching leashes. For Christmas, consider charms in red & green.
Not surprisingly, many designers who have made their mark in Hollywood over the years have taken advantage of their status and dominate the dog fashion market as well. Some very popular brand names include Christian Audigier, Ed Hardy, Juicy Couture, Louis Dog, and Chrome Bones.